Saturday, July 31, 2010

Boating Bonanza

Yesterday I went with the Young Single Adults (from my church) down to Lake Monroe and had an interesting-fun time. I learned lots of important life skills, such as, how to properly say cheese in sign language. This was depressing because I have become quite attached to this word and I use it in everyday conversations where I feel it is appropriate....all the time. But now I know how to sign it properly and I will continue to use this word as a silence breaker in everyday conversation.

Another important tip I learned about life is that it is very acceptable to pee in a lake. hehe. Now I know. I think the boys must have consumed way more water and Gatorade than they normally would in order to reach the number of times they...well...it was a lot of times that they boasted about. It must be a very manly-macho thing. To e in a lake.

I also learned something that may be a tiny more practical than the last two things I learned. I learned that while on a jet ski, one should not let off the gas when turning. I was not very successful in turning. But because I didn't use the gas when I tried to turn, at least we never fell out. But I didn't succeed in turning either. Anyway. I am very good at driving straight. Maybe It would work better if I jet ski in a river next time. Although, I think it would be a lot more dangerous if I fell out.

One last bit of knowledge that I obtained on this trip is a very depressing bit of sadness. There is no word of lame in American Sign Language. This is another favorite word of mine, so it is disappointing that my favorite word doesn't exist. Oh, and as a side note: The reason why a large portion of my blog is about sign language is because I have recently made a new friend who is deaf and I had a lot of fun hanging out with her and attempting to learn some sign while on the trip.

Oh, and apparently it is a manly thing to not wear sunscreen as well. To each their own I guess, but personally I did not feel like my skin was going to burn off during my shower this morning like some people. Although I am sore in lots of areas I didn't realize should be after a trip to a lake.

4 comments:

  1. Haha :) I love this...especially the part about the boys peeing in the lake and how it's so "manly" lol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. If skin cancer is manly, then yes, it's manly not to wear sunscreen. I love the rest of this though! You are funny! My favorite part is when you talk about jet skiing in a river. lol. I loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't remember the name of the game we were playing last night can you please mention it randomly in one of your posts

    ReplyDelete