Saturday, August 28, 2010

Senior Year

I haven't updated for a while, which is kind of a bummer because I had a very interesting two weeks. I moved into my first apartment, went grocery shopping for myself for the first time, went to band camp with an instrument the size of a Kodiak Bear, and started my first senior year! yay! I have lots of fun stories to share today!

So, I drove myself down to Muncie a few days before band camp started, which was an interesting experience that I won't get into. I was forced to bring my poor fishies with me to school this year, and I am pretty sure they thought it was 2012 inside their little fish tank. I drained my tank until there were about 3 inches left in the bottom and strapped the tank into the front seat next to me. The water got so clouded that they probably thought that a meteor struck the earth or something, which would make sense if they even knew what a meteor was. Or what 2012 represents. After I finally got to my wonderful, spacious apartment, I struggled...actually Rachael struggled mightily to carry my tank indoors to add more water to and to bring life back to normal for my fishes. Rachael is a lot stronger than me. And it took all day for the water to clear.

And here is a quick note about my new apartment, because I am pretty sure the topic has to be dull to other people who may want to read about my life. of all the super things my new apartment provides that a college dorm does not, I am the most excited about my hallway. I enjoy running from my room to the living room, because it was something I could not do in a dorm. I could not even do my Richard Simmons video in my dorm room.

So, band camp. ...... hm.. Well, I really love marching the tenor sax, like a lot. And I really like the different more dynamic section of people. My section teases me because I used to march what they like to call the "weenie pipe," which is so true because marching the piccolo is NOTHING compared to marching something big. If I thought band camp on the piccolo was hard, which I did think, man I was wrong. The saxophone is really heavy to march, but I caught on really fast and I can march it quite well. I also discovered that I play the sax much more musically on the field than I did on the piccolo. So I have a lot of fun. So, I guess in the end, I do miss the piccolo, but I am having a blast! maybe even the biggest blastiest blast I have had all four years of marching band.

Senior year is quite good so far. I only have 16 credits, which I am very excited about. I have pretty much always had about 18. I finished most of my music classes, so I feel pretty legit and close to being done. Except I am not because I just picked up a minor in Multicultural Education that I am VERY excited about. I am also exploring my options about a second minor as well. Anyway. It's almost one, and I have done nothing all day, so I think I will get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment