Friday, October 22, 2010

Dogs and Cigarettes

So, I have been going through dog withdraws. Everyone and their roommate's sister has one in my apartment. And it does not help that I see about five dogs every time I walk to and from my car. Also, every one of the dogs I see is the cutest dog I have ever rested my eyes on. It is also too bad that I can't really walk up to these dogs and greet them in the way that would make me the most happy. Their owners would probably give me a very strange look. So, I just ogle and coon loudly at the darling puppy dogs within the closed doors of my car.

Also, a bush caught on fire in front of my apartment yesterday. It was a bummer I missed it. I heard it was approximately the same size of a standard campfire. We, my roommate Rachael and I, think it was the lady who lives under us. She smokes all the time and we can see her with her arm sticking out the sliding class door holding the cigarette because a baby lives there too. Anyway, we think she threw it on the very dry, almost dead bush on a very windy day. Oh, and in case anyone wonders, it was put out, and my belongings are still in existence. This at least, makes me happy. The lady who lives under us does not have a dog. She has a baby instead. I bet her sister has one.

Another exciting thing to share has nothing to do with babies and dogs. Which is sad because both are such good topics. I auditioned for basketball band last fall on the tenor sax about two days after I picked it up and played it for the first time. I sounded like a dead duck. A very convincing dead duck. this year, I play it in the marching band. So far, I think that I have progressed from decaying water fowl a chain saw set on low. After much practice on low notes, (With Rachael's help) I have progressed even farther to sounding like a person making beautiful sounds that are very close to music. Just kidding. It is music. I hope. Anyway, I received compliments on my tone and projection yesterday when I auditioned for this year. I just want to say that I am very proud of myself. So now, I have proclaimed myself binstrumental. WOO.

The End

1 comment:

  1. I am not going through dog withdrawals, but more like dog obsession. I really really want a dog, and cannot have one as long as I live in the house I am living. It is driving me crazy.

    I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete